MODERN COMPUTER APPLICATION IN HS(WBCHSE)
I am Prakash Mukherjee teaching computer application subjects for the last 20+ years. I started my career when Google was born.
I joined 1996 as a computer Faculty at Computer Point Raniganj after 6 month I joined as a computer teacher in Gyan Bharati High School Raniganj , then I Joined DODSAL in 1998 , a multinational company.
But every time I was interested in teaching then finally started my own institute in 1998 named Microtech Computer Education Centre now it is popularly known as Andal Commercial Institute which is affiliated by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education
In 2003 one student came to me and asked me if I have a subject Modern computer Application in our school can you teach me? I went through the syllabus but it was somehow critical for me but I accepted my challenge.
She was my first Modern computer application student and finally scored 87% marks.
Then many students got more than 90% marks even 99% marks in Modern Computer Application every year.
The reason is that I have more than 20 year experience and I know all the secrets of how to score more than 80% marks in Modern Computer Application even if the student is average in education.
Although I know that no students are average, if any students have dedication and goal he/she can score better than they have.
I know how to score more in Modern Computer Application, even less effort.
I facilitate all the students :
- in proper notes in Bengali.
- Monthly Examination
- Weekly assignment
- 7 days of challenges for every student
- Proper Guidance to every students
I don’t believe the concept where others so called good institutes think that if 2 or 3 students got 90% and above they are satisfied and do advertisements that he/she got 90% marks !
I believe every student has potential but needs guidance to explore them.I want every student to get a score of 90% and more marks , at least 80% and above in Modern Computer Application.
All the students of Class XI and XII of WBCHSE of West Bengal – did you know the Modern computer application subject gave the more score than the other subjects?
Are you sincere about the subject ?
I know all of you are not at all serious about Modern computer Application subjects ?
Because you know it is a very easy subject I can take admission in a computer Institute and do some Practical then I can easily score the marks in the subject , isn’t it?
I know all of you agree with me and finally you score 60-70% marks in the exam.
Just I am not saying it without knowing you , In my 20 year experience I have seen that few students got 95 , 98 even 100 marks in this subject.
Maximum students got the average marks within 70% because they score good in practical exams and most of them carry up to 30 out of 30 but in theoretical they got 30 -40 out of 70.
But I am sure if you are a little bit serious any one can get above 90% marks even if the students have average merit.
Now you are thinking how it is possible?
Where I am seeing that 1-2 students are getting more than 80% in other Institutes and others are getting less than 70 and it happens every year .
But we have the solution for you because our students are doing good result in modern computer applications.
Why are students getting 90% or above in this subject?
Well I am telling some important points regarding this subject and if you obey this I am sure you can get a 90% or above mark in Modern Computer Application subject in class in Xi and XII.
You guys are not aware the syllabus of this subject .
I realize the biggest problem is that you are in Bengali Medium and every center taught all the theory in English and some Institute gave you notes in Bengali but in xerox form.
And you are less interested in English notes.
What next ….
You are taking the xerox and putting it in your bag and forgetting it.
Think about our Institute. We have proper theory class in the classroom. We are also taking classes on an online platform.
Next What to do?
I will give you the syllabus after gone through the syllabus follow the points I am mentioning bellow:
First of all you have 21 MCQ and 14 SAQ in the syllabus and 35 marks easy type questions but the number is split in 2+2+3 or 3+3+1 in such a way.
Now carefully gone through the syllabus.
Modern Computer Application Syllabus (COMA -– Class XII (Detailed Syllabus)- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary
- Logic Gate and Combination Circuits (15 marks)
- Logic Gates – OR, AND, NOT, XOR, X-NOR Gates ·
- Universal Gates – NAND and NOR Gate · Basic gates using Universal Gates ·
- Two Level Circuits ·
- Half Adder & Full Adder (definition and representation)
- Full Adder using Half Adders only
- Half Subtractor & Full Subtractor (definition and representation)
- 4 bit Adder and Subtractor Circuit
- Multiplexer (4×1) and De-multiplexer (1×4)
- Decoder (Maximum 3 bits), and Encoder (Decimal to Binary, Octal to Binary)
- Networking (20 marks)
- Introduction to Networking (Definition, Advantage, Disadvantage, Application)
- Analogue and Digital Communication
- Modes of Communication : Simplex, Half Duplex and Full Duplex Communication
- Types of Network – LAN, MAN, WAN o Network Architecture : Client Server & Peer-to-Peer Networks
- Serial and Parallel Communication
- Bandwidth, Channel Capacity, Baud
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Transmission Modes
- Baseband and Broadband Networks
- Components of a Network o Servers (File server, Communication Server, Print Server) and Workstation o NIC o Guided Media
- Cables – UTP, STP, Co-axial, Fibre Optic
- Unguided Media
- Infrared, Radio & Microwave Communication, Satellite
- Network Operating System – Characteristics ·
- Network Topologies –
- Network Connecting Devices –
- Gateways ·
- LAN Protocols
- Ethernet (CSMA / CD) and Token Ring Protocol
- Circuit, Message and Packet Switching
- Use of MODEM
- TCP / IP Protocols – TCP, IP, UDP, FTP, HTTP, TELNET
- IP Addressing o Class A, Class B, Class C IP address
- Domain Name System
- Introduction to Internet o Basic requirement for connecting to the Internet,
- Services provided by Internet – www, browser, e-mail, search engine, social networking
- Networking Security – Computer Virus, Concept of Firewall, Password
- HTML o Basic Page Design, Using Ordered and Unordered Lists, Using Image, Hyperlinking, Using Tables , Frame
- Database Management System (15 marks)
- Introduction of Database :
- Definition of Database
- Advantage and disadvantages of DBMS
- Database Languages (DDL, DML, DCL)
- Data Dictionary, Metadata
- Database Schema and Instance
- DBMS and its components
- Various Data Models – ER Model, Hierarchical Model, Network Model, Relational Model (only concepts)
- Different Database Users
- Functions of DBA
- Relational Model o Concept of Relation, Tupple, Attribute, Domain, Degree, Cardinality
- Concept of Keys – Key, Super Key, Candidate Key, Primary Key, Alternate Key
- Concept of Relationships – 1:1, 1:N, N:M relationships
- Database Constraints – Equity Integrity Constraint, Domain Constraint, Referential Integrity Constraint and Concept of Foreign Key
- Relational Algebra
- Selection Operation
- Projection Operation
- Set Operation
- Cartesian Product
- Natural Join Operation
- SQL o Simple SELECT Queries (SELECT, FROM, WHERE, DISTINCT, AND, OR, IN, NOT IN, BETWEEN, LIKE, ORDER BY)
- Introduction to Spreadsheet – (MS Office 2007 or compatible) (10 marks)
- Introduction to Excel
- Concept of Workbook :
- Creating, Opening, Editing, Saving a Workbook
- Changing Row and Column widths
- Formatting cells
- Different data types in Excel
- Entering labels and values
- Use of following inbuilt functions only – SUM, PRODUCT, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, ROUND, COUNT, COUNTIF, IF, AND, OR, NOT, DATE, TIME, NOW, CONCATENATE, UPPER, LOWER
- Copying Cells
- Cell Reference :
- Absolute and
- Mixed Referencing
- Making calculations and re-calculations
- Auto fill, Fill with series
- Conditional Formatting
- Sorting and Filtering Data (use of Auto Filter)
- Goal Seek
- Hiding Rows and Columns
- Use of Macros
- Creating Line Diagrams, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs
- Using MS Access (MS Office 2007 or compatible) (10 marks)
- Introduction to Access
- Table creating using Design View and Wizard
- Different data types in Access
- Manipulation of data using Access facilities – Inserting, Updating, Deleting data
- Creating Relationships between Tables
- Form creation using Wizard, Auto Form
- Query generation using Design View
- Report generation using Wizard, Auto Report
- Practical (30 marks)
- Using MS Excel and Access (10 marks)
- Web Page design using HTML (5 marks)
- Project Work (two projects) (10 marks)
- Suggestive Topics: Application of Excel: · Using Excel creation of Mark Sheet, Balance Sheet, Monthly / Yearly Expenditure, Reports
- Web page designing using HTML (minimum 5 linked pages) ·
- Travel and Tourism ·
- Festivals ·
- Book Catalogue ·
- Pollution and pollution control
- Viva-voce (5 Marks)
Group & Serial Number
Logic Gate and Combinational Circuit
Database Management System
Introduction to Spreadsheet
Feel free to comment or mail me email@example.com or whatsapp me 9832124509 , we will provide you the solution in Modern Computer Application(WBCHSE) subject , You can get Modern computer Application suggestion 2020 or Modern computer Notes in pdf.